Write us at email@example.com to let us know how you are using Sprig of Dill Herb Blends.
Dark Chocolate Ganache interior (can be made non-dairy):
- 1 cup heavy cream (I use non-dairy)
- 1 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate, or dark chocolate chips (I use non-dairy)
- 2 teaspoons Chai Blend
Put chocolate and Chai Blend in a heat resistant bowl.
Heat the cream until it is almost hot enough to boil. Remove it just before it begins to bubble.
Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until all the chocolate is completely smooth and melted. Cover tightly and set in the fridge until firm.
- Melt 2 cups of Dark Chocolate (or Dark Chocolate Chips) and
- Stir in 2 tsp of Coconut Oil
Stir until well blended and smooth.
Form a small ball of the ganache. Unsweetened cocoa powder on your hands can help this along.
Dip each ball in the melted chocolate and set it on a rack to cool and dry.
Once dry, sprinkle with more Chai Blend as a topping.
CHA CHA CHA DONUTS (Chai Chocolate Chip Sourdough) :
Your taste buds will be dancing when they are treated to these!
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Chai Blend
- 1 egg (or 1Tbsp ground flax seed & 3Tbsp water)
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c sourdough discard
- 1/4 c nut milk
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c non-dairy dark chocolate chips
Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
Mix all the wet ingredients in a larger bowl.
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until blended. Do not over mix.
Grease a donut baking pan, and fill 9 openings with batter until they are half full. Add 5 or 6 chocolate chips, and top with more batter until each form is 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Cool the donuts in the pan for 3 minutes, then very gently turn them out onto a cooling rack.
- Mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar and
- 2 tsp Chai Blend
Use a sieve to sprinkle each donut with a generous portion of topping.
ITALIAN HERB BLEND RECIPES:
Lorena used the Italian Seasoning blend in a tomato bread that is perfectly paired with a bowl of soup on a chilly day.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning Blend (according to your taste)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 15oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 c olive oil
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes.
Za'atar Topped Pita Crackers